Before you Travel...
- Check with your GP if you will need any vaccinations before your trip.
- Put the medical emergency telephone number in your mobile phone. The Start Travel emergency assistance number is +44 (0)1444 454 540. For the US or Canada, the number you require is +1-844-780-0494. For those travelling to Mexico, the number is 00-1-819-780-0494.
- Make sure your passport is up to date and that there is at least 6 months left on it from when you travel.
- Write a checklist of items you will need to take with you to avoid forgetting anything important.
- Book your airport parking in advance to get the cheapest deal.
- Leave plenty of time to get to the airport – there is nothing worse than having to rush around before your holiday or having to panic when you hit heavy traffic!
- Make sure that every part of your trip is covered and if you plan to participate in any activities whilst you are away, check page 21 of your starttravel.co.uk policy wording to ensure that we can cover you. If you have any questions, simply get in touch by ringing 0333 320 12402 and we will be happy to help.
- Use a comparison website for your travel money to find the best deal for the currency you require.
- Let your bank know that you are travelling and check what the charges are for using your bank cards abroad.
- Ensure all windows and doors in your home are properly locked and all electrical items have been turned off before you leave, apart from your fridge and freezer of course.
- If you have pets, book kennels and catteries in advance or ensure that someone you know can take care of them whilst you are away.